I know I just posted a blog quite recently, but stuff seams to be changing daily around this place.
To start, my first week of winter break is just about over :( That means I am back at school in 3 short weeks. Not to mention I was called for jury duty beginning January 6th then start school on the 12th, lucky me. I have been working hard on getting my reading started for next semester so I don't drown within the first 2 weeks. I am not sure if I mentioned in my last posting, but I managed a solid B! That is a B that I am quite proud of because this has been the most effort I have put into school yet.
And on to Jordyn! Boy is she one tough cookie. Jordyn has been asking me recently about getting her ears pierced. So I thought about it and decided, she is 4 and now that she is old enough to ask, sure, why not? She was also due for her 4 year old shots (they didn't do them at her 4 year check up because it was one week shy of her birthday and I guess the schools won't accept them for kindergarten). I told her that since she is due for her shots, if she was a good girl, we would get her ears pierced right after the appointment for her immunizations (shots). She said, ok! Then for about 2 weeks she kept asking me, "Mom did you make the appointment for my shots yet?" So, I made the appointment for when I would be out of school and this also gave her time to realize what was going on (she doesn't like surprises, she is better if she knows what is coming). Yesterday, I take Jordyn to school at 12:30, then off to the Dr. for Jadyns 18 month check up that she is 2 months late for (thanks nursing program), get her appointment done and her shots, then off for a mini nap before picking Jordyn up from school at 3:00, take her directly to the Dr. for her appointment. We get there and she is grinning ear to ear, the assistant tells Jordyn she heard she is going to get her ears pierced, Jordyn quite proudly says, "YUP, lets just get this done." She hops up on the exam table, pulls her jeans down since they administer in the thigh, lays back. I try to cover her eyes so she doesn't watch the needle, but she moves her head to see. 4 shots later she is done, not a cry, flinch, or even a tear. I was amazed, the office staff said they have never seen a child so well behaved for her shots. I guess she really did want her ears done.
Next we are off to Claires inside the mall to get her ears pierced. She hops up on the chair there just waiting. I fill out the paper work, listen to the spiel about washing my hands with antibacterial soap, antiseptic solution, lalala... Jordyn picked out ruby earrings because that is her birthstone. The guy, Victor, did her right ear, she flinched a little, did her right ear, no flinching this time, and she was done. She was so proud and I was proud of her. We leave Claires after paying for everything, then in the middle of the mall Jordyn starts tearing up, I ask, are you okay hunny? She says, "When we get home will you take these out? They hurt." My heart broke, she was poked 6 times today and it got to her. I explained what would happen if we took them out, well, she ended up falling asleep in the car and sleeping for about an hour when we got home, on her ears! So when she woke up I offered her Tylenol, she declined and said they didn't hurt anymore and she hasn't touched them, or complained since!! I am so proud of her, she is turning into such a big girl and a tough one at that!
Then last night, Jason and I kinda got a date night! Yeah! We don't get them often, so we went with friends of ours to Nevada City for their Victorian Christmas and it was COLD! There was so much snow. Jason's Aunt Kim took the girls overnight, so we didn't have to rush, we took our time and it was so nice.
Only 3 more days until .... Disneyland!!
I will post a picture soon of Jordyn with her earrings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow...that's so amazing about Jordyn! What a big girl!! She knew what she wanted and she did what she had to to get it. That is so impressive for a 4 year old! Good job mama Jess!
Post a Comment