



I don't know where the time goes, but hopefully sometime in the near future I will be able to keep this updated a little better.
Things are going well for us, but not until after a very emotional time. Just the day before school started for Jordyn and I, I lost a very special person to me and my family. My grandmother lost her tiring battle with cancer. She was a strong and positive woman who means the world to me, I tear up just thinking about her. I strive to be as positive and nonjudgemental as she was.
Jordyn started kindergarten this year and loves loves loves it... Did I mention she loves it! She has a wonderful teacher, who is wonderful with the kids. We went on her first field trip to the Pumpkin Patch and had a blast! Jordyn no longer is going to daycare since her elementary school implemented an after school program so Jordyn goes there on days I have school or need to get school work done. Actually, she asks to go everyday because a lot of her friends stay afterschool.
Jadyn is as wild as ever! She is my firecracker and am hoping she decides to potty on the toilet so she can start preschool. I think she will love it as much as Jordyn did if she would only potty! It's not that big of a requirement - she refuses, though.
Jason is finally home and working somewhat locally. He will be in the Sacramento area for another week and then he is back at his home store in Yuba City. I can't wait for him to be close again and permanent with the exception that he is returning during the holiday season so he won't get the time off like he did last year.
As for me - I am plugging away at school. I have a big paper due by December 1st so that is what I need to be working on. I have really enjoyed my time at Rideout hospital. I am not sure what my calling is... I thought I would like critical care - as in the ICU, but when I was there for a weekend, it was very boring, but I hear it's not that way most of the time. I did enjoy my time in the ER and will get another rotation the last week of the semester. Woohoo!
As for the family - we are taking a trip to visit my mama in January in Arizona. I haven't visited AZ in a long time, I think since I was about 5. This will be the first plane ride Jordyn remembers and Jadyn's first plane trip. And on the way home we are stopping in LA to take anther trip to Disneyland. I don't remember it being much fun when I was a kid, but now, watching my kids there is completely different and we love going as a family! Also, an added bonus is my friend, Michelle is moving to the LA area next month, so hopefully we will get together!
No comments:
Post a Comment